A glass of chilled whiskey is the best therapy you need for the long and tiring days of work. These bitter yet strong spirits possess the ability to turn any meal into an occasion. If you think that women can only drink wines and the whiskeys are only suitable for the men, then you’re wrong. It’s about time that you move ahead of all the liquor stereotypes and find yourself the perfect scotch. Whether it’s the Christmas dinner or a girl’s night out, you can always enjoy the several full-bodied whiskeys.
Keep reading to know the best six whiskeys that will fulfill your liquor cravings and occupy a permanent place in the favorites list right away.
The 6 Best Whiskeys For Women
1. Dewar’s 12 Year Old The Ancestor
Here’s an award-winning spirit that delights the taste-buds of every whiskey lover out there. If you’re looking for some strong whiskeys to try out with your girlfriends, then this is the right choice. What makes it different from the other variants is the rich buttery texture coupled with the smooth indulgence of barley. On top of that, you get to taste the warm notes of caramel with your favorite whiskey pairings like dark chocolates and cheese toasts. Get your hands on this double-aged spirit, which spent extra time getting even better in taste as well as texture.
- Full-bodied and spends an additional six months in the oak barrels. This imparts the much-needed taste and earthy essence to the whiskey.
- Comprises single malt and grains from more than 40 distilleries. Also, it undergoes aging for more than three-years in the oak barrels.
2. Jameson Whiskey Blender’s Dog
The blender’s dog is another whiskey brand that emerges to be on the favorites list of every woman out there. You are likely to crave the rich, creamy diligence of this luxurious bottle often. Also, it makes the best fit for your girl’s night out and enhances the appeal of your home bar. The whiskey spends years in the vanilla and walnut oak barrels. You might get to taste the pineapple’s citrusy essence coupled with a touch of the crispy nuts. Pair the whiskey either with other spirits like blood oath bourbon to enhance the taste as well as euphoria.
- Tasting the smooth caramel essence with the sweet flavors of butterscotch is undoubtedly a treat to the buds. Also, the fruity indulgence adds a perfect balance to the oaky taste, and bitter tannin feels.
- Rich vanilla notes make it perfect for pairings with cheese dishes or even the chicken recipes.
3. Douglas Laing Scallywag
For all the whiskey people who like their glass chilled and with the right blend of sweet and spice, then Douglas Laing Scallywag is the perfect one. At first glance, the whiskey appears medium length with copper hues and a divide smell. However, the appearance is nothing in front of its vanilla and orange blend taste. You are likely to experience a transition from sweet to spicy flavors real quick.
- It provides a mouthfeel of vanilla and tangy orange, which is quickly replaced with the taste of black pepper and oak barks.
- Years of oaky experience leaves it with just the right blend of vegetal and earthy notes. This smooth yet spicy whiskey is highly suitable for your late-night house parties and get-togethers.
4. Whistlepig Whiskey Rye
Women like the whiskeys with a fruity essence and strong taste. Whistlepig Whiskey Rye is just the perfect spirit enriched with cherry and vanilla flavors. Being a Part-Canadian brand, it has the distilleries in innumerable provinces. When it comes to the taste, this whiskey never fails to amaze you. Arriving from the ryes harvested from 500-acre farms, it instills a rich earthy feel. Coupled up with mint flavors is the caramel and cherry delight that surprises the whiskey lovers. The whiskey bottle is a medium-length one instilled with rye spices and sour taste of cherries.
- Perfect for cocktails and spends at least ten years in the Canadian oak barrels. It comprises high-quality eye bread and spices that are extremely delightful.
- Contains the perfect smell of peppermint, butterscotch, and vanilla. This is followed by cinnamon extracts and the tangy flavors of orange.
5. Compass Box Whisky Hedonism The Muse
Hedonism The Muse presents you with the perfect whiskey containing just the right blend of strawberry, honey, and vanilla. It reflects a bronze hue with the most enchanting herbal notes. Along with this, you get to smell the rich indulgence of cinnamon and cloves. A little bit of sweet cream essence adds to the overall smell of this rye diligence. With the piney and caramel taste, you are likely to include this in your late-night liquor list. The whiskey provides you with an estimated balance of slick oil and banana taste.
- Inspired by a pre-blended bottle of whiskey created out of grains in Scotland. This is evident in the base of the whiskey bottle that resembles the previous one.
- Women are highly likely to enjoy the rich taste and an oily feel of the whiskey. What adds to the flavor is the cherry and caramel notes coupled with just the right blend of vanilla.
6. The Macallan Sienna
Sienna appears orangish-yellow when poured in a glass while it tastes more like vanilla and chocolate. This spicy whiskey is undoubtedly one of the best picks for girls out there willing to take their whiskey game to another level. With a spicy yet savory finish, you are likely to crave this just after a sip. The whiskey spends years in the Spanish oak barrels and acquires the most fulfilling taste. On the top, it provides the tangy indulgence of orange and spices, which is perfect for cheese pairings.
- Sienna is a 100% barley malt whiskey having an ABV of more than 40%. You can get your bottle for as low as $80.
- Tasting notes are more like the orange tangy flavors with the rich aroma of vanilla. Also, it might provide the rich cinnamon flavors to some newbies out there.
With a diverse range of whiskeys available, you can always get yourself one for every occasion. The right full-bodied whiskey transforms any day into an enchanting one. It’s high time that you set yourself free from the whiskey stereotypes and try out the variants available. For your girl’s night out, you must find a whiskey that’s old enough to enlighten your taste buds. From the fruit indulgence of cinnamon and cherries to the spicy essence of black pepper, every ingredient adds to the overall flavor. Try out the top six whiskeys ideal for women who like to have the barley water now and then.
I must admit that, while I am not a whiskey drinker, I was really entertained by this post. And I learned a lot. I enjoyed the “features” section after each recommendation!
Dipika Singh says
Thanks for sharing the list of best girls drinks in whiskey. I usually stick to my favorite, i.e. John Paul or Jim Beam.
Nicole Anderson says
While I must admit I’m not a big whiskey drinker, I haven’t heard the notion before that women warmed to particular types and brand of whiskey. These days, I think these concepts no longer apply in most places I’ve been. Having said that, I’m sure that the above varieties would be good for any ladies to try on a night out.
MELANIE EDJOURIAN says
I do on ocassion drink whisky. It’s interesting to read your choices. Any with cinamon, cloves and orange work well for me.
Luna S says
I didn’t know there were “girly” whiskies, some of these sound pretty good. Thanks for sharing all of these with us.